The current eOpticians.co.uk updates regarding shipping considering the Coronavirus restrictions and Brexit changes.
Last updated: 25-01-2021
Coronavirus Summary & advice:
- We recommend you stock up with contact lenses and related products for at least a 3 month period, as delays may appear.
- Daily lenses are more hygienic than monthly or biweekly lenses, so many companies recommend that you switch to daily lenses for this period of the epidemics.
- It is important to use a good solution with your 2-weekly or monthly lenses. The safest are the peroxide cleaners, which have been shown to be effective against coronaviruses. However, according to eOpticians, there is only a slight hygiene benefit.
- People who suffer from dry eyes are recommended to switch to eye drops with a higher percentage of hyaluronic acid or with herbal extract, which will reduce the itching sensation, therefore you will feel the need to touch your eyes less often.
- According to the American Eye Society, the virus can also cause conjunctivitis therefore, health personnel are advised to protect the mouth, nose and eyes. Because conjunctivitis can occur in many other cases, professionals are concerned that ophthalmic surgeries and on-call services may increase significantly, and therefore ophthalmologists may be more susceptible to infection.
- Avoid touching the eyes, nose and mouth (the so-called "T-zone" and its surroundings)!
Starting with 1st of January, our operations will be done under the conditions of the trade deal between the EU and the UK, because we are an EU based company with warehouse both in the EU and in the UK. Main things you should know:
- Shipping from the Central European Warehouse will still be done by Royal Mail and delays might appear
- For parcels below £135 you don't need to pay any taxes. Orders above £135 will be divided into 2 or more parts
Updates on operational situation
- Contact lenses - no issues with Alcon, Coopervision. Delays may appear for Johnson&Johnson. There is a big shopping spree, and some products may run out of supplies.
- Contact lens solutions - no supply issues
- Eye drops - no supply issues
- Glasses - Most Chinese factories are available or operate at reduced capacity. Some Italian factories are in operation, though we might not be able to source all the products.
- Sunglasses - Most Chinese factories are available or operate at reduced capacity. Some Italian factories are in operation, though we might not be able to source all the products.
Orders, customer service, logistics
- Web Store - Works as usual
- Customer Service - normal schedule
- Logistics - Works as usual, we dispatch daily
- Postal deliveries from our Central European Warehouse to the UK - We noticed delays for all our parcels sent in this period. Also, tracking information is not always updated although parcels are travelling. There will be no extra fees for orders below £135. Orders above £135 will be divided into 2 or more parts.
- Postal deliveries from our UK warehouse (for selected solutions and eye drops) - works as usual, small delays might appear, no impact from the Brexit changes.
- International Postal Deliveries - You can check the list of countries where we ship here.
Follow our regularly updated tips at eopticians.co.uk/latest-updates, where we will publish new information that is useful right now.
Photo credits: freepik.com